When choosing a drafting lamp:
1. Look for a longer extension than an office lamp
2. Check that the arm is supported by heavier duty springs and not regular office lamp springs - this will allow the lamp to be extended fully and not drop on your head.
3. Check for porcelain lamp fixtures or a quality warranty - many inexpensive lamps use cheap plastic fittings that break after only a few months.
4. Heat! Yes drafting lamps get quite hot! And the amount of light that is required to cover a board can be a issue if you are heat insensitive. If this is the case please purchase a flouresent lamp.
5. Electrical Fittings - Yes they are Australian plugs on all our lamps suitalbe for 240v outlets. Overseas buyers please email us to find out local suitability.
6. Local availability of replacement lamps - Lamp manufacturers warrant electrical function and manufactuing defects, NOT Bulbs or Lamps. All Drawing & Drafting Lamps have bulbs that can be purchased from any department store, hardware or electrical supply outlet.